Saturday, February 28, 2009

Here are some pictures of our first haircut at home for JayC and Connell! I would take credit for doing it, but JayC did most of his own haircut and Connell's! We found a haircutting set at Wal-Mart, because it would be cheaper for JayC's haircut he has to get every 2 weeks. (Instead of $10 each time on base.) I did the touch ups and I'm learning how to cut hair evenly and without a big line where the razor was. I'm such a perfectionist though, that JayC can do it much faster! I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon.
Connell was a very sick boy in the haircut pictures. He had a really bad virus for over a week and we ended up taking him to the emergency room for his 104 fever that wouldn't go down for 2 days and his shortness of breath. We found out he had Viral Bronchialitis, which means he had mucus and gunk in his lungs that would eventually clear out, but they gave us an inhaler to help him breathe and told us to give him baby Motrin for the inflammation and fever to go down. It was quite scary, and I kept fighting taking him to the emergency room, but after JayC gave him a blessing, I felt it was the right thing to do. And I would never want my stubborness to be the cause of something happening to my baby boy! But he finally came out of the fever a couple days later and now he's our wild and happy boy once again! Yay!

After the haircut

Before the haircut

Grammy Del and Aunt Dawn gave this adorable outfit to Connell and he can now fit in it for church!



JayC's surgery is on Friday (March 6th) and I'm looking forward to getting it overwith, but not for the recovery part! It's times like this I wish we were closer to family, but thankfully, Jay and Frannie are coming for the weekend to help us out with Connell since JayC won't be able to do much by himself. Unfortunately, he only gets 10 days to recover at home, so we won't be able to go to Idaho like we were hoping. For some reason, they decided to shorten his leave. So I hope 10 days is enough! Maybe this way we'll find out what JayC's new job is sooner. Here's hoping!

3 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I am SOO glad that Connell is feeling better! YEAH! Too bad that JayC only has 10 days to recover. I am sad that you can't go home! It's nice to be able get hair cut at home. Lee does his own and I do the boys. And now that I am in the hospital, Lee is in charge of the boys' hair now. He just buzzes it and it looks good like that and is easy. Anyway, good luck on Friday!

Elizabeth C said...

You're poor little guy!! That doesn't sound like fun at all!! Being sick is not fun. I'm learning how to cut hair too (I've been learning for 6 years-- I still don't feel like I'm perfect at it yet!)

Emmy Montez said...

Sweet Connell!! He looks so different with his big-boy haircut. That is cool you are learning. Mike was calculating how much $ he's saved cutting his own hair over the years, and it really adds up! It is good to hear that little man is feeling back to normal, what an experience...

baby

Together Forever

Connell Celebration