Friday, April 17, 2009

Memories of Aunt Dawn

JayC's Aunt Dawn Woods (his mom's sister) passed away on April 3rd in a terrible car accident in Idaho. We were blessed that JayC was able to get leave to go, so we left the following Tuesday morning for the long drive to Idaho for the funeral. We were able to spend the rest of the week there and returned on Monday night. Her viewing was on Wednesday night and the funeral was on Thursday. It was wonderful to see family and friends. We are sad we will not be seeing Aunt Dawn anymore in this life, but we thankfully know she is okay in the next. She was so wonderful at making every holiday special and we will miss her. I have only known Aunt Dawn for just over 3 years, but I feel as though she was a great part of my life as well. I have been thinking of some memories I'd like to share that I have of Aunt Dawnie:

1) Beautifully decorated Easter cookies every year
2) Beautiful flowers in the back yard of Grammy Del's house
3) Bringing me Taco Bell in the hospital right after Connell was born
4) Always laughing and joking
5) She loved to call Connell the "pirate baby"
6) Made numerous beautiful receiving blankets with matching burp cloths for Connell
7) Took good care of Grammy Del
8) Loved to talk to Connell on the phone
9) Loved to buy outfits for Connell when she found a good deal
10) I love that she loved Connell so much!
11) She made two cute little snuggle blankets for Connell, one a giraffe and one a frog. She said it almost broke her heart when she had to cut the stuffed animals in two to attach half to the top of the blanket and the remaining half to the bottom of the blanket! Connell always sleeps with them in his bed.
12) She made Christmas extra special for every member of the family
13) I'll miss her reading the Christmas gift exchange story: "right" and "left", who else is even qualified to read it?!
14) JayC insists he was her favorite nephew, but I think everyone thinks they were her favorite!

We miss you, Aunt Dawn!

No comments:

baby

Together Forever

Connell Celebration