Connell started Preschool on the 16th. He's attending Bridges Preschool on the base. It's every day from 12:15 to 3:15pm, which seems like forever when you include the half hour bus ride there and back. So Callister and I are on our own for 4 hours on weekdays. It's pretty crazy! Connell is loving school, especially the school bus, and he's doing great! I'm excited he's getting speech every day and he's only got 4 other boys in his class, so he gets lots of one on one attention from his teachers. I prefer it that way for him starting out. He should have no problem catching up to his peers with speech and be prepared for kindergarten next year. I'm sad that it's the end of our freedom, since we'll now be governed by the school calendar forever after! But I guess the time had to come. I can't shelter my babies forever. :(
"sigh" But I'm doing pretty well with it, and I think it's good for Callister to have me all to himself for awhile each day.
These next pictures are for Grandma Danna. We took some pictures of Connell in this same outfit and had someone make a pencil sketch of one that hangs in Connell's room. I figured I'd better hurry and get some pictures of Callister in the outfit before he's too big for it! (He already is too big, but I was able to squish him into it, even though it's a size 3 month.) I got a couple cute ones.
Speaking of Callister, he is now 7 months old and started crawling this last weekend! He started out kind of hopping with both knees, but now he's got it figured out. It's so cute! He thinks he's so big now and wants to pull himself up on furniture, but he keeps tipping over or gets scared when he can't get a good grip. Now comes all the bumps and bruises that I hate! But he'll figure it out soon enough.
Here's a couple of the boys in their matching pilot jackets. Callister is getting too big for his.
And one more of Connell for good measure.
Man, I have cute kids! :)






5 comments:
Yes you do have cute kids! Connell looks so adorable in that hat :)
Good for you to be brave & adjust to school. It's such a scary thing but I guess we get used to it. Listen to me with all of my-oldest-kid-has-been-in-school-for-four-days-wisdom! :)
aww..they are so cute! It just showed up on my blog-roll that you posted! Mine doesn't seem to work very well...such big boys! My goodness, 4 hours is a super long time, but I'm sure you manage to fill the hours. haha. That would be nice! Guess what? We decided at the last minute that Nia needed some interaction with other kiddos, so enrolled her in preschool! It's a very basic one, but she starts friday, and is pretty excited!
I miss your boys so much! Especially roly poly Callister. Thanks so much for putting up the pictures. I look at them every chance I get.
Mom
Such cute pictures!! Connell is looking so grown up! And little Callister is crawling?! Crazy how time flies!
How adorable Kaylene! What fun pictures. I bet Connell is loving preschool. Yes the school schedule will be around for a long time, huh! But then I guess it makes summer even sweeter, right?
Post a Comment