Speaking of boys growing up and getting more independent, Connell started Kindergarten last week! This picture turned out blurry, but he looked so cute, I had to add it anyway! He was so excited and he's been doing great. He loves his teacher and is getting to know the 25 other students in his class. It's pretty big, but I think he's going to do just fine. He starts speech therapy up again next week, so that will be good. Callister and I get to walk to drop him off and pick him up from school, since he's in our neighborhood elementary. It's nice to be so close, but I sure can't wait until it cools down! It's still in the high 90's by afternoon. At least the mornings are cooling off. I'm excited to get involved in his classroom and the PTO, but I have to save up money to get fingerprinted first. I guess it's worth it, so our kids are safe, but it's sure expensive! Connell's teacher is Mrs. Gonzalez, and I really like her. She's very organized and her classroom is amazing, plus she's very sensitive to Connell's needs. I think he's gonna do great! I'm very proud of Connell for coming so far with his speech in such a short time. He's an amazing kid!
One day we couldn't find Connell, and we searched the house for quite awhile before we realized he had hidden under a large blanket in Callister's room and fallen asleep there! I was feeling pretty panicked, cuz we couldnt find him anywhere! Silly boy!
Callister wanted in the picture, so I took one of him with Connell peacefully sleeping in the background!
I took this picture of Connell today, and I just remembered I should make a note that I cut Connell's hair all by myself the Saturday before school started. I'm so proud that it actually looks alright too! :) See, I can be a good homemaker mom if I put my mind to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I don't know how I missed this post! Connell looks so cute on his first day of school! And great job on cutting his hair by yourself! Woohoo! Lily just saw this picture and said, Aah, Connell, I miss him. =0)
Post a Comment