Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Introducing Cordellia Anne Hebdon!!!!

Our first meeting, she grabbed onto my thumb and stole my heart!
Cordellia Anne was born on July 18th at 6:57am, weighing 7 lbs and 20 inches long! She has stolen all of our hearts already!

The Birth Story:

The timing couldn't have been more perfect. My mom had just arrived that afternoon and went with me to my midwife appointment, while JayC stayed home with the boys and did homework. He was finishing up finals for the end of his semester at BYU-ID. My midwife checked me and said that I was dilated to a 4 and about 90% effaced. After the appointment, I started having real contractions off and on for the rest of the day. Mom and I took the boys for a walk around the block to try to keep things moving. Around early evening, they finally stopped and we put the boys to bed and went to bed ourselves. At 2:30am, just like with Caellum, I woke up to a very strong contraction. I laid back down for a few minutes to see if another came, and it did. I got up and went out to the living room. The contractions kept coming, but only about 8-10 minutes apart. They were consistent though, so I decided I had better finish packing my hospital bag, just in case. I changed my clothes and packed my bag, and all while I was doing this, the contractions sped up to about 3 minutes apart! I went and woke up JayC and told him it was time to go to the hospital. I was nervous this was going to be a very quick labor. He woke up and I woke up mom to let her know we were leaving, and out the door we went!
We got to the Mountain View Hospital about 3:30am. The nurses took me into a room and started hooking me up to the monitoring machines. They checked me, and I was only at a 6, but they started me on the antibiotics for Group B Strep, which I had tested positive for again. (I was positive with Caellum as well.) They wanted to at least give me the first set of antibiotics before the baby came. Usually, you get two sets, 4 hours apart. Well, I got the first set, and then things started happening! The nurse had told me she would give me the antibiotics, and then I could get up and walk around or get in the jetted tub or whatever I wanted to do. I was looking forward to that, since my contractions had slowed down again. I watched a show on JayC's laptop while he snoozed a little bit. The pain was pretty bearable at this point and I was able to push with my feet against the bed during a contraction to aid greatly to relieve the pressure. All of a sudden, at a little before 6:30am, I had an extremely strong contraction where I literally felt the baby move down and I moaned and woke up JayC! After that, they were coming every minute or so, and so I tried to call the nurse, but I was pushing the wrong button. We finally found the right button to summon the nurses, and I told them they better come check me, because things were happening now! A nurse came in and checked me, and she was able to feel the baby's head, so she said, "Ok, let's call the midwife, it's time!" So much for getting to walk around or use the jetted tub!
 I suddenly had the very strong urge to push and said so, and the nurse said, "No, do not push yet!" Three nurses all started running around the room getting things ready, and I was trying very hard not to push during my contractions! (Easier said than done!) I had a wonderful nurse that pushed on my legs during each contraction and she told me to take deep breaths in and short breaths out to aid in not pushing. My legs were shaking uncontrollably and I don't remember having that with my other labors. My midwife came rushing in and said she had to drive 90 miles an hour to get here in time! Thankfully, there isn't much traffic on a Saturday morning! She said, "Ok, let's have this baby!" And finally, I was able to start pushing! With the first push, I could feel that something wasn't quite right and it felt like the baby was stuck. Susan (my midwife) said the baby was posterior, or facing up, when she should be facing down. They told me to push again when I felt another contraction, so when I did, I started pushing, and screaming like I never have before, since it was so darn painful! I remember looking up at JayC and seeing his look of surprise and probably horror as I yelled! Man, oh man, I have never felt that much pain, even in labor. Pushing Caellum out was a piece of cake compared to this baby! It took maybe 5 minutes for the whole process, but she turned a complete 180 as she was being pushed out, and then sweet relief followed! We had a baby girl!!!! I had to hold my breath for a second while the nurses checked and said, "Yep, it's a girl!" All else was forgotten as they placed my very own baby girl on my front and she put her tiny hand around the top of my thumb! She is perfect and beautiful and all my dreams come true! She is our little princess Cordellia!               



So precious!

7 lbs exactly! My midwife guessed exactly right!

7 pounds of perfect baby girl!

Her little nose was smashed like Connell's was.

The boys meeting baby sister for the first time! (About 12:30pm the same day,)







They love her!

Caellum has been so sweet to our baby girl! I wasn't sure what to expect, but he's doing so great with his transition to big brother!

3 comments:

Marlene said...

She is so sweet!! So fun to hear the birth story! Does Ann stand for anything? I didn't know she had a middle name! :)

Heather Lloyd said...

How do you give birth and still have such great hair?
Anyway, congratulations again. We are so happy for your sweet family :)

Emmy Montez said...

what a great story! I'm so happy you have a sweet girl. :)

baby

Together Forever

Connell Celebration