So JayC found the disposable camera we used for our one year anniversary (2 years ago) trip to Disneyworld and Universal Studios in Orlando in a box in our storage closet! I was so excited, cuz I thought we had lost it in our move from Idaho! So I ran to Wal-Mart to get it developed, and here are my favorite pictures. Oh, this was also Connell's first trip to Disneyworld, but he was only 4 months old in my tummy at the time, so I doubt he remembers. hehe!
Okay, so if you know that we collect potato head pieces, then this picture is very significant. In that bag I'm holding is every potato head piece we could find at Downtown Disneyworld. (A few hundred at least, I'm sure!) We somehow stuffed all of them into our luggage for the return trip and they all made it home safely! We buy every new potato head that comes into stores for new movies or whatever. (The most recent is the Indiana Jones one with a hat that plays the movie theme!) It's very fun, and one day I'll have enough shelves to actually put them up somewhere in our house. So now you know our weird collection fetish!
JayC's a huge fan of Buzz Lightyear, and we got a picture with him at Disneyland at our first honeymoon, so we had to get one at Disneyworld too! (We were going to go to some Disney park every year for our anniversary, but it turns out that it's a lot harder to do once you have a kid!) You might notice that I have a walkie-talkie on my hip. We decided to purchase a set for this trip, since our first trip to Disneyland we got separated and that led to our first argument! That way if we got lost we could find each other easier.
This is my favorite picture from this trip. They had a jaws ride at Universal Studios where you're in a boat and they drive you around and a mechanical Jaws pops out of the water randomly. I am terrified of sharks ever since I watched all three Jaws movies, so this was very exciting for me! I feel very brave when I see this picture!
And here is JayC and I at the Animal Kingdom at Disneyworld. I think we loved this park the best, since JayC's a huge animal fan and they had a lot of cool things. They have almost a full zoo, but my favorite was the gorillas. I think they said they have 4 or 5 males all with their own territories, so it's huge! The bird show was very cool too. (The rides weren't that exciting for me, considering you can't go on any if you're pregnant...) We'll definitely go again when our kids are older and we can enjoy it! Thanks for going on a trip through memory lane with me! :)






1 comment:
Hey! Here is our email...email us your number and we will call! :) jrdodds98@yahoo.com
Yay
Post a Comment