Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
1 cup packed light brown sugar (I use Turbinado sugar; it's non-processed sugar cane that is way better for you than white processed sugar and it tastes just as good!)
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat brown sugar, peanut butter and egg in medium bowl with electric mixer until blended and smooth. Shape dough into 24 balls and place 2 inches apart on a non-greased cookie sheet. Flatten them slightly with a fork and bake for 12 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool completely. You can melt the chocolate chips and drizzle them on top, or just mix them into the dough, which is what I did. Yum! It makes 2 dozen cookies. I will definitely be making these regularly. The recipe comes from the book Incredibly Easy Gluten-Free Recipes. (I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this!) Anyway, so I thought I'd share! Maybe I should start a blog with the recipes I find!
An update on JayC: his shoulder is healing quickly. His doctor told him that he's actually healing more quickly than most other patients do, so we're thankful for that. It still hurts often, especially when he first wakes up, but at least we know it's going to heal soon. He has another surgery on Friday (the 15th) for his hernia, so we'll have to go through the whole hospital adventure again already, but I'll be relieved to have it done. Hopefully he'll be a new man when it's all over! I know we're definitely being blessed through all of this. He'll get a week and a half to recover from the hernia surgery, and then it's back to work again. His new duty right now is two nights on and two nights off, so he works a 12 hour shift all night and then sleeps 8 hours the next day. Last night was his first night of that, and he loved it. They get to watch movies and play games, so he's in his element! It's a nice job for him until he's all recovered from his surgeries. Then we'll await what the military holds in store for us...






3 comments:
Oh those cookies look yummy! You'll have to share some other recipes with me! I know what you mean, its so difficult to eat enough vegetables, especially when you fill up on meat. Have you found you spend less on groceries without buying as much meat/milk? Or do the other gluten free things cost more? (curious)
Glad JayC is feeling better and has a fun job right now. (staying up all night doesn't sound fun to me, but the two days on then off does!)
You should definitely share your recipe finds. I love finding recipes that are delicious but can be meat-free and healthy but sometimes you have to really dig around for them because there are some icky ones out there like you said. I will email you this barley soup recipe I got from a friend that we love-all my boys included luckily. Who is allergic to gluten? I thought I had celiac's disease for about 9 months when Jeremy and I were dating/engaged and it was a very interesting and creative time in the kitchen. It's an adjustment but it was kind of an adventure too.
Hooray for David Archuleta! he is young, but seriously, his voice is so unique, I love it too! Have you been watching this season of American Idol at all? Stupid Chris, I hate him.
Post a Comment