Connell enjoying my birthday cake!
Monday was my mom and I's birthday! It's always been a special day for us, since there were always two of us to celebrate, so we always went above and beyond. Even though we are usually apart now, I still like to make a big deal out of our birthday, cuz there's only one day a year I get to legally be selfish! So we began our festivities last Friday night by eating at LaLa Grill in Monterey. It's our new favorite restaurant, but it's pricey, so it's only the second time we've eaten there. They have the best Blackened Chicken Alfredo I've ever tasted! And their bread is to die for! :) Connell and JayC got steak, and we outdid ourselves!
Saturday, JayC and I left Connell with some neighbor friends and their two kids and went to a double feature at the theater. We watched Terminator Salvation and Star Trek. Whew! It was fun; it's been too long. Our night continued with excitement as we went home and I was in horrible pain that kept getting worse in my right abdomen. The pain was excrutiating, so we finally decided to take me to the emergency room. Connell was already in bed by this time, so we called a friend on JayC's night schedule to come and stay with Connell while we went to see what was wrong with me. I'll have you all know that this is the first time in my now 29 years of life that I've ever been to the emergency room! What an accomplishment, huh? I'm pretty impressed with myself! So we found out my right ovary was double the size it was supposed to be, inflamed for some reason, and that was causing the pain. It took 3 doses of morphine to make the pain finally go away! I felt like I was in labor, but only on one side. No fun!! Anyway, the doctor sent me home, since he didn't know what was causing the pain and referred me to a specialist to find out what's really going on. The pain was bad on Sunday, but went away on my birthday, so I was relieved, but I hope we can get the problem fixed pronto! We had some yummy cake and rented some movies on Monday while JayC went to work. A very exciting birthday weekend, I think!
Connell was falling backwards onto the couch and having a blast doing it. I couldn't get a picture of him falling for the life of me, but here is one of him right afterwards! No fear!
Yes, folks, he is the king of everything!
Cool Batman watching cartoons!
Connell made this crown in Nursery, so he had to show it off after church a couple weeks ago. What a fun kid!






No comments:
Post a Comment