Friday, July 10, 2009

Hello to Texas!

So we made it to Texas, and we survived the craziness of moving once again! I can't believe a year and a few months passed so quickly in California. We're definitely missing our beautiful home there, as it is soooo hot here in Texas! I really miss seeing the ocean everytime I drive anywhere. Here it is cactus, trucks, and humid heat. I feel like I'm stepping into a sauna every time I go outside! So far the people have been very friendly, unlike California, and that is a welcome change. Our apartment is lovely and new, and it is so nice to be able to be on a real air force base (we were on an army base before) and it is just cool! We have so many resources available to us, plus a lot more to do on base, so we're excited about that. JayC just started his new class on Wednesday, which also happened to be our baby's 2nd birthday, and I'm busy unpacking boxes and arranging our new home. All in all, it's a refreshing change. Get ready for lots of pictures!



JayC and I's new sis-in-law Lynn and her baby Emma came with Connell and I to help finish the preparations for moving and to drive with us to Texas. It was so nice to have someone help me finish packing and driving. Lynn and I had a fun time getting to know each other, and baby Emma was so good! Connell had a fun time playing with her. It was fun to see how sweet he was with her. This is them relaxing on the bed of our hotel after a long day of driving. This was in Arizona somewhere...



This shows how packed we were in our little Chevy Aveo! Connell was happy as long as he had his snacks and a cartoon playing on the portable dvd player we got for the trip. (Definitely inspiration!) And don't mind the "lovely" picture of me; you get the idea of how full the car was!


And this was taken in our dining room in Seaside while I was busily piling boxes to get ready to fill the trailor. Connell had discovered how fun it was to climb to the top of the pile! I had to hurry and get pictures for JayC before getting him down! That's just an idea of our moving fun... (I'm so glad it's over!) More pictures to come!

1 comment:

Emmy Montez said...

Seriously, portable dvd players are a lifesaver!! We wouldn't have made it out here without ours. How did people survive "back in the day"? But then again, they prob. didn't travel as much, and didn't have carseats. Can't wait to see the new apt. and where you live!

baby

Together Forever

Connell Celebration