I can't believe there's only one more week of October. I've been meaning to update for awhile, but things have been crazy with us this month and I wanted to wait until I had more news about some things. First off, Connell got some new Spongebob pajamas! That's very important! He's sooo excited about Spongebob lately. He has a coloring book and now these lovely pajamas. He's very good at saying "Spongebob," and even his yellow crayon is "Spongebob" instead of "yellow!" He's also very excited about Woody and Buzz from Toy Story and he loves to pretend he's Buzz. He pretends to push a button on his chest, and then his arms (or wings) come up and he flies around the room! When he's done flying, he pushes the "button" again and his wings fold up. He's very entertaining! He's also very good at copying the dance that Kuzco does at the beginning of The Emporor's Groove. Oh my goodness; it's hilarious!! We're planning on buying a video camera for Christmas, so we can record some of the funny things he does.
Secondly, we decided to have Connell start doing Speech Therapy. We got a referral from our military insurance, since I had mentioned to his doctor that he seemed slow with speaking for a 3-year-old. They had me fill out a pamphlet that basically resulted in saying that his speech development is slow for his age, but that everything else was right where it should be. His physical development is advanced for his age. (I can definitely see that!) We've been worried about his speaking for awhile, since he just doesn't really do a lot of it, so we had him evaluated by a Speech Therapist. He qualifies for federally funded speech therapy, so we started on Thursday. He's supposedly about a year and a half behind on his speech ability. He'll be meeting with this lady twice a week for half an hour, and I think it will be good. He had a blast yesterday, and cried when we left, so I guess we'll give it a try for awhile and see how he does. I figure it's free, so why not? And any boost I can help him out with in preparation for kindergarten is worth it to me. I know he'll catch up quickly, cuz he's a smart kid, but for now it's a relief that I'm not going through this by myself anymore. I don't have to worry so much, cuz that's not good anyway!
To be continued...






1 comment:
Speech can be a beautiful thing! Don't worry about K... he'll do just fine!
Post a Comment