Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Memories

My friend Ruth just celebrated her 8th Anniversary with her husband Lee. She posted a bunch of pictures from their wedding, and I couldn't resist stealing a couple to put on my blog! (Thanks, Ruth!) These pictures brought back so many memories! 8 years ago, (in 2002) I was attending BYU-Idaho and these were some of my best friends. I'm happy to say that I'm still in touch with all but 1 of them (Sam). I'm so thankful for such wonderful friends and it's so fun to see where life has taken each of us since then.





Ryan and Amanda, Sam, Dave, Charles, Me, and Megan is in front of Ruth and Lee. I was just remembering also that Lee was my first actual date in college! I think that's actually where Ruth and Lee first met, but I'm not positive of that. I'll have to ask her. But I remember it was a very fun date!






I totally forgot that I caught Ruth's bouquet! It wasn't until 3 years later that I got married to JayC, but it's fun to remember. As I recall, everyone said I pushed and shoved everyone out of the way to get it! (I don't remember being that agressive, but I definitely was husband-hunting at the time!) It was fun to see this picture, because I don't remember it being taken. Ruth and Lee are a great example to me: 8 years and 5 children later, Happy Anniversary!

5 comments:

Megan and Jeremy said...

I know! I loved that blog post about their anniversary & this picture, it makes me want to dig through my old pictures of Ricks! Maybe I'll make that a project & scan them so they'll be on my computer. I love my life but it made me miss those times at Ricks. I felt so blessed to have such great friends! I wish we had all the money & time in the world & could have a big fat reunion!

Emmy Montez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emmy Montez said...

wow, crazy. I knew some of those people...kindof. :) You were always desperate for the bouquet at weddings, except at Marty's. Yeah, I remember how you set it up so that I was the only one who went for it. You made me look like a fool that night! (nacho...?)

Marlene said...

They got married not too long before us. We will celebrate our eighth anniversary in November. But with only 4 kids. The only way they beat us is with twins! That picture reminds me of my silly whimsical fairy Katie!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

No problem Kaylene! Steal any pictures you like, ha ha. I had forgotten too that you caught the bouquet! That is something Lee and I will always remember...that we had so many good friends around us on our wedding day! THANKS! That is funny that Lee was your first date. I don't remember at all. He remembers dancing with me at a weekend dance. And after that I thought he was weird for a little while until I started talking to him. I remember I went to Walmart with him and Charles once and all he bought was some Oreos. I don't know why I remember that or why I think I thought that was weird, but there it is. (IF that made any sense.) YES Megan!!! Pull out the pictures! I would love to see them! Do you have any Kaylene? I don't know where mine are, but I have a good idea. And a reunion would be so incredibly fun! Congrats again on boy #2!

baby

Together Forever

Connell Celebration