I know it's pathetic, but I finally finished putting up what little Christmas decorations we have today, with only a week and a half until Christmas. I had no idea Connell would be so good at putting ornaments on the tree. He had a blast and did a great job! We had a fun time and I wish I had more decorations to put up. We'll have to look for after-Christmas deals for next year. We got a 6.5 foot fake tree with lights this year, but it sure doesn't look very big in our living room! Oh well, at least it's better than our old pathetic tree.
We had a lovely time in Idaho for 3 weeks in November, and we're still recovering from the flu bug and colds that we caught. JayC got bronchitis and a flu bug after we got home. Lucky guy! I guess it was his turn. I'm definitely not missing all the snow, but Connell sure is. He keeps wanting to wear his heavy winter coat, hat, and matching gloves, but then we go outside and he realizes he doesn't need them and takes them off! It's been chilly, but definitely not as cold as Idaho! It was wonderful to spend time with family and friends, and JayC especially had a really hard time coming back. Connell was super excited to see all his stuff and his room again, and I'm excited to start getting everything ready for our new arrival in January. I'm definitely in the nesting stage! Only 6 weeks to go until we meet boy #2!
Last Saturday, we got to go have breakfast with Santa with our ward. Connell was so excited to see "Ho, ho, ho!" He actually asked me on Sunday morning as we were going to church, "Ho, ho, ho? Eat? Food?" He thought we were going to have breakfast with Santa again, I guess. He wasn't too disappointed when I took him to Nursery though. His little friends were excited to see him. I cringe to think that he only has 2 weeks left before he goes to Primary! I have very mixed feelings about that, especially since I'm in there as 1st Counselor. I don't know if I'll help or hinder his transition. I guess time will tell. He's getting so big! Anyway, here are a few pictures of the last week. We were terrible and didn't get any of Idaho. I hope everyone's Christmas preparations are going smoothly!
With Mrs. Claus.
Jabbering his Christmas list to Santa! He was so excited and jumped right on his lap and didn't want to get off!






5 comments:
Your decorations look great, and I love your giant stockings!
How exciting that you are getting close to having baby #2. I am glad you had a good time in Idaho. I wish we could've seen you.
Decorations are great! Especially since Zeb thinks all the balls on the tree are supposed to be ripped off and thrown around. At least they are all plastic. I know his limitations! I love that you have a little stocking for the baby too. We had a great time seeing you in Idaho as well, the only thing that could of been better would have been the whole not throwing up thing, but you know. What can you do? Love ya! Good luck with your last 6 weeks!
Such a cutie! We miss you already! Glad you made it home safely. Merry Christmas!
hooray! that tree looks great! thats so cute that connell loved breakfast with santa. i dont even think nia knows who santa clause is??
Post a Comment