Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dragons and Babies

We recently bought "How to Train Your Dragon," so we are all "dragon-crazy" around here. I love that show! Connell and JayC love it too, so we have watched it quite a few times. Well, to add to that excitement, JayC found a bearded dragon lizard on craigslist on sale for $50, including a huge aquarium, sand, rocks, etc. for the lizard. What a steal! The aquarium alone would have cost at least a couple hundred dollars new. I figured that I could give in and let him get a lizard, since I won't let him get a dog! So we adopted Patrick the 3-year-old bearded dragon.





He's probably just over a foot long and he's actually really tame for a lizard. The guy who previously owned him was really hands-on and took good care of him. It's nice that he's tame, so that Connell can pet him when JayC's holding him and nobody gets scratched! Connell is loving it. So I figure Patrick is the boys' new toy, and Callister is mine. :)

Speaking of Callister...this baby is just too cute! I wish the pictures did him justice, but he's just way cuter than they portray! He's 5 weeks old today! I can't believe time has gone by so quickly. He's still a very good/easy baby. All he wants is to be held by his mama all day! He actually does really well with JayC or in his swing too as long as he's full and tired.




Too cute!! (It's a good thing I think so, cuz I'm his mama! :) But JayC and Connell agree, so he must be! Connell still likes to almost smother him with kisses and always lets me know when "baby" is fussy and needs me. He's a great big brother! I'm thankful Callister is healthy and everything is going great in our transition to a family of 4!

4 comments:

Marlene said...

How cute! (The baby that is, not the dragon.) I'm not much for reptiles! I can do dogs and cats. Richard had a pet rat when he was a kid. I'm sorry, but that one just isn't going to fly!

Kallie said...

Even though the pictures don't do him justice... HE IS STILL SOOOOO ADORABLE IN THEM!!!! Thanks for posting more pictures! He is wonderful... and Patrick is pretty cool too.

Emmy Montez said...

Ya, I pretty much am putting the ban on any and all pets for our lifetime. I'm just lucky Mike agrees. :) ALthough we have thought about a ferrett one time, when we were out for the summer someone had it, and we thought it was cute how it ran around the house. But Nope. When tangled comes out connell will have fun thinking he has that little lizard guy too! (a bit of a stretch??) Looks like I want to kiss those little cheeks and smell that baby smell!

Megan and Jeremy said...

How to train your dragon is the coolest movie ever. Ever! We love to quote it around here & we borrowed the soundtrack from the library & it's great too!

ps I would MUCH rather hold your baby than hold the lizard :) He's adorable!

baby

Together Forever

Connell Celebration