Friday, January 27, 2012

Callister's First Birthday!!

My sweet baby Callister turned 1 year old yesterday! I can hardly believe that it's already been a whole year since my water broke at 1 in the morning and we knew it was time for him to arrive! We've enjoyed this sweet baby boy sooo much so far and he has brought so much more happiness to our home with his sweet, bubbly personality. Who would have thought it was possible to have more happiness and love? Callister has shown us it is! And if it keeps coming with more children, then let's pray we can have at least a dozen more! :) We love this little guy! 

 Connell is showing off the "Timmy" that each of the boys got. They love watching "Timmy Time" on netflix, so I couldn't resist getting both of the boys one when I saw them at Target. Connell's Timmy says "Baa" when you push his tummy. So cute! They love them.
 This is the face that I get to enjoy all day long when Callister smiles! He always wrinkles up his little nose and sniffs and laughs. I love it! I always laugh, and so he laughs more, and it's just so funny!
 Here is his "plethora" of candles on his gluten-free, sugar-free (sweetened with honey) chocolate birthday cake! (And oh man, it was gooood!!) Connell insisted on putting all of the candles we had on the cake, so there would be more to blow out! I thought it was cute. So Callister just stared at them while we sang "happy birthday" to him, and then watched as Connell blew them all out!

 Here's my favorite face again!
 And here's the first taste of chocolate cake...
 And the Hitler-stache he got from his first taste...
 And then he's looking at daddy like, "Are you sure this is okay?"
 And yummy! He approves! I think most of it ended up on the floor, but enjoyed what he did get to eat! He was totally hyper for hours after we ate his cake, which is funny, cuz it was only sweetened with honey, but it's the most sugar he's ever had in his little life. And I think that also goes to prove that sugar is sugar...but more on that in another post!
He was so funny after he had his fill of cake; I don't think he liked being messy. He just sat there looking at me like, "Ok, Mom! I'm ready to get cleaned off. That was fun, but that's enough." He had a good time, I'd say, but I don't think I have to worry yet about him becoming a sugar-holic like his brother. I also got the boys matching outfits and we're going to go get some pictures taken at the Walmart studio on Saturday. Callister also got a little treasure chest that plays music and tells you colors and numbers when you put the coins inside. Happy Birthday Callister!!

3 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Wow! That is crazy--1 year! And Megan's twins recently turned 2. Are kids are still so young, but they are growing fast! Fun pictures! The cake sounds yummy!

Marlene said...

What a fun birthday! Man, the kid doesn't even get to enjoy a "real" cake on his birthday?! What kind of Mom are you? J.K.! I will have to look up the Timmy time on Netflix. I have never seen it. It is funny how all our kids can be so different from each other. Callister is like the opposite of Connell. Straight hair to Connells curly, and he seems to be more outgoing than Connell was at that age. Funny. I like to see the differences. Jesse and Zeb are soo different.

Emmy Montez said...

mmm...that cake looks yummy! why the gluten/sugar free? You've got me curious! (not that it's that odd...but...) Wow, this year did go super fast. He is sooo sweet. Such cute pictures. I love that smile! I agree with Marty, it's so much fun seeing the differences in the kids, huh?

baby

Together Forever

Connell Celebration