Monday, March 19, 2012

California Catchup!

Yep, I'm trying to catch up with the last month and a half. I can't believe it's halfway through March already. The time flies so fast! Well, the first three pictures are from the day after Callister's birthday. Grandma June sent him a present early, so I had hid it away and forgot about it until JayC found it the day after his birthday! So he had a fun present to open, and man, he has a blast playing with those wobble things. He loves to shake them! Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa Lloyd! :)
 If you will notice in these pictures, Connell and Callister are wearing matching pirate bunny shirts. We got some pictures done with them both that I'm sending soon to Grandmas and Grandpas, so check your mailboxes in the next week or so! They were actually done the end of January, but I'm the world's best procrastinator! :)

This picture is funny, because I was getting Callister dressed into his pirate pajamas, and I put the shirt on and couldn't figure out why the sleeves were fitting so oddly. It turns out I had put Connell's pajama shirt on him, and that's why it was so big. Silly me! What a little doll face, huh? He's just so stinkin' cute! He's so funny and full of life! I love this age, but he is also starting to be a stinker and get into everything and climb on everything just like Connell did at that age.
 We finally had to put this box of Connell's legos away, since every time I turned around, here is what Callister was doing...He'd sit in the box and then dump all the legos all over the floor!
   

In the picture on the right, Callister is wearing the same pants that JayC did at 12 months. Connell wore them too, so I'll have to post both of them side by side wearing daddy's pants.
 Connell made his own little pizza from Papa Murphy's and he was so excited to take a picture! Yum!
 My sweet boys love to play together and if one is doing it, the other has to be doing it also. For the most part, they get along great, until Connell gets tired and he starts picking on Callister...
 Connell's doing awesome at preschool, and he learns more and more every day. He loves puzzles and is a wiz at putting them together. Here he is cleaning up some of his puzzles and he had to make a silly face for the picture. Funny boy!
And last but not least, here is a picture of my new haircut and color that I splurged and got a couple weeks ago. It was time for a trim, so I went all out and got some blond and red highlights also. I love it! It's so much fun to do my hair now, and I try to do it everyday which makes someone's hubby very happy. :) We are loving the beautiful weather of this time of year in Marysville, and I'm trying to just enjoy it and not dread the super hot weather that will be here in a couple months.

JayC is on crew again, (instead of his 7-4 office job) so he has 4 12-hour shifts and then 3 days off, but he works Sunday through Wednesdays, so he can't go to church until April. It's been very stressful for me, since I just received two new callings in our ward and I have both kids by myself. I am the choir pianist and the Relief Society pianist, and JayC needs our car on those days, so the kids and I have been getting rides with friends in the ward. Then I have to find someone to watch them in the nursery while I play for choir. It ends up that we're at church a total of almost 4 hours, and it's pretty hard for the kids to stay "reverent" during that whole time, but we all survive. Connell definitely behaves much better when JayC is in Sacrament meeting with us, but it's getting better. All in all, life is good for us, and although military life is tough, I'm very thankful JayC has a good job that supports us.

3 comments:

Marlene said...

The boys are so cute and are getting so big! Oohh, I love your new haircute! You are looking really good, Katie! Great job on powering through on Sundays! I know they can be hard with the hubby gone! I bribe them with smarties and then if they were really good they get to pick something from the family store that night. IT seems to help, at least with the older ones. Zeb and Ella just love to chow smarties. =0) April will be here soon.

Marlene said...

Haha, I said "haircute", well it is cute.

Heather Lloyd said...

I thought you said "haircute" on purpose,Marlene!
Anyway, Kaylene I love your hair and cannot believe how long it is! (I guess that's what happens when we don't see each other for so long.)

And I'm proud of you for accepting two callings when neither one is easy! You are such a good example!

baby

Together Forever

Connell Celebration