Apparently, Connell's teacher (Kristen Nottle-Powell) wrote what he told her to write, and then he drew the pictures to match his story! So funny! She said he told her he wanted to tell this story, so they sat down and did it. Can I just say, this English major mom is super excited! He even had it memorized, so he could read it to me! I thought it would be many years before I saw my first son write books, but here he is doing it already at age 4. I'm so proud! :) Hopefully, there will be many more!
In other news, in case you didn't notice in my last post, Connell now has glasses! The school nurse did an eye exam for everyone and said she thought he might need to be checked out by a doctor, so I made an appointment with one, and yep, he has a little bit of near-sightedness and astigmatism (just like his mama!) Poor kid! I didn't get my first glasses until age 7, so I thought we had at least a couple more years, but nope. He's doing really well with them and is really good at wearing them all the time, and he is very careful with them. He was a little shy to wear them to Primary the first Sunday, but his teacher helped him point out all the other kids and teachers that also wear glasses, and then he was fine! I think he looks pretty cute in them. He's doing great in preschool, and he only has a week and a half, then he has a few weeks of summer school, and then we'll be spending the first two weeks of July in Idaho!






4 comments:
Bahaha!! Okay, that is soo funny! What has that kid been watching, "Jaws"? That is an awesome book. It is so true to life as well, I mean if a fish really did bite off your head, then that would be the end. Haha, what a funny kid. And he is such a good artist too!
That is so cute & such a boy story!! Love it & he looks handsome in his glasses.
hahaha...hilarious! That one is keeper for sure. Poor boy...already wearing glasses. :) I'd better not speak too soon though, but hopefully mike's genes pull through on that one.
I love the book! How fun. The pictures were awesome! Sounds like an amazing preschool that Connell went to.
Post a Comment