Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Expecting again...

So as I was saying in the last post, the day after we brought home our new vehicles, we had an unexpected surprise! I had been feeling sick to my stomach all week, and I couldn't figure out why this flu bug wouldn't go away. My stomach just wouldn't settle down and it was just uncomfortable! I even desperately tried Pepto Bismol, which I hate, to try to soothe my aching tummy. Nothing worked. Finally, I decided to go to the doctor to see what was going on. (At no time during this did it even come into my mind that I could be pregnant...)

I was currently taking provera (the progestin hormone) to get my period going again so we could start trying to get pregnant again. As most of you know, it takes me quite awhile to kick start my body into getting pregnant! So we were trying provera to get my period to start again after I weaned Callister and it still hadn't started. I had one period in July after being on provera, and then I hadn't had another one again, so the doctor put me on another round. The next step was going to be clomid to induce ovulation. Of course, that all takes awhile, so we had no expectations of being pregnant for awhile... So I went to the doctor and the first thing they asked was if I was pregnant. I said no, since I really didn't think it was possible. Well, they did a blood test anyway, and the day after we got our vehicles, they called me with the results. I was pregnant!! Crazy! You'd think I would know my body by now, but nope! It was a different sickness, cuz I hadn't thrown up, but just had an upset stomach all the time. But turns out there was a wonderful reason, and we're so excited!! We are having another boy, which was a surprise also, since we thought this pregnancy was a little different than the others, so maybe a girl? But nope! Anyway, good timing on the van, huh?! We needed the extra room! My due date is April 22, so I've got a little less than 10 weeks left. Time to get things done!

3 comments:

Emmy Montez said...

You are hilarious how your always surprised!!
It is coming up so very soon! Good for you getting back to blogging. Im going to start here soon too...i hope!

Heather Lloyd said...

That is so funny you didn't know! Nice to skip Clomid and all that, huh?

The Wengerts said...

Wow, that's crazy! Can't imagine finding out I'm pregnant so close to my due date! Congratulations! Three boys is a lot of fun :) xoxo Lucie

baby

Together Forever

Connell Celebration