
Happy Holidays everyone!! I forgot how much I love this time of year! (Yes, forgetful in my old age...) It's strange with no snow and no cold (well, it does get a little cool, but today it was a perfect 70 degrees), but I'm still feeling the spirit of the season. I love only wearing a jacket instead of a heavy coat and a scarf, etc... Ok, no more rubbing it in for those not in sunny CA! We had a successful (meaning lots of food, I guess) Thanksgiving and had a fun time with JayC's mom and youngest brother for the weekend. Grandma Danna took lots of pictures, but I forgot to get them on our computer before she left, so those will come later. And I must say I was very happily surprised that my first turkey turned out very yummy!
Some updates on JayC's surgeries: they've both been cancelled, because the military wants military doctors to do the surgeries, so we have to wait another month at least to get it all sorted out. It's a mess! But I'm sure it'll all work out for the best and JayC will be getting physical therapy on his shoulder to see if it will heal on its own without surgery. So we'll be here for at least another couple of months before he gets assigned a new job. We're very excited to go home to Idaho for the Christmas holiday!

And here's our tiny crooked tree. Pathetic, huh? We bought it last year when we were moving out of our house and had very little money for a tree. I want a bigger one, but I figured it's probably for the best right now, since Connell would just take all the ornaments off anyway! So I put it on a table in the corner and he points at it and watches the lights, but it's toddler-proof!






4 comments:
Hey... we remember Christmas time in Cali... but now we get to enjoy it being 10 degrees warmer here in AZ! We are in the Christmas spirit, but there are somedays I feel it should be the 4th of July! And your tree, eat your heart out Charlie Brown... just kidding... and it is best to make it toddler proof for now. I bet it took you a 1/4 of the time to get your tree decked out than ours. Ours is the old fashioned wire branches that are color-coded... and let's just say we are exhausted by the time ornaments are to go on. May I suggest a pre-lit tree... I know we will get one someday. Hope JayC gets that shoulder fixed soon.
-Ryan
ps- Manda wants to know how you change your blog background without losing all your pictures and everything... it seems you have found an easier way. Please advise her sometime!
70 degrees sounds so nice! Though I am getting used to it being cold outside here in Missouri. Have a great holiday and it will be fun to see the Thanksgiving pictures!
Whoa! Your stockings are huge!
These are great pictures! Merry Christmas to you guys!
Post a Comment