Sunday, April 11, 2010

Live from California!

Finally, we made it back to California, and we're renting a house in Marysville, about 40 minutes north of Sacramento. I just took a few pictures to post. I don't have one of the outside of the house yet, since it's pouring rain outside! We got here 2 weeks ago from our long vacation route through Idaho from Texas. It thankfully only took us a week and a half to find a house to rent. I was worried we wouldn't find something affordable in a nice neighborhood, but we finally found the right house for us. It's very nice and I'm excited to be in a house again. Living in a hotel room has its ups of being able to swim every day and a warm breakfast, but I definitely prefer my own place! We're only 10-15 minutes from Beale AFB, where JayC will work, so it's not bad. We seriously considered living on base, but our house is much nicer than base housing, plus he likes to get away from work when he's not working. We went to our new ward today and it's going to be great, in spite of the fact that it's half an hour away! Thankfully, my friend Char's mom lives in this ward and she went with us to navigate this morning. (I met Char in Texas, and they're now in Hawaii.) I also met a girl at church who was also in our Seaside 1st ward before we moved to Texas. It's a small world in the Air Force!

Here are a few pictures. It's a 3 bedroom/ 2 bath single level home with a 2 car garage. We moved in on Wednesday and our stuff was delivered on Friday, so there is no organization yet!




Connell eating lunch in our huge kitchen. Our little card table is going to be retired as soon as we can find a nicely priced larger table and chairs.



This is our huge living room. I love all the space! Notice the fireplace and the sliding door leads out to our nice fenced back yard.



This is what you can see looking out our front door.



This is the front entryway looking into the hallway. You can see into Connell's room straight ahead. To the left is another bedroom where we have our king bed, and to the left of that is the laundry room. To the right is a closet, bathroom, and the master bedroom/bathroom.



The kitchen pantry. I'm so loving this kitchen! Evidently, Connell is too.



The master bedroom that we are probably turning into a family room/den.



The laundry room which leads into the garage. We found a new washer and dryer for a really good price on Craigslist. Very cool!




And another picture of the kitchen. Did I mention that I love this kitchen? So there you get a pretty good idea of our house. I'll take pictures of the outside when it's not raining. I think we're going to like it here. We've been so blessed to have everything work out so well. JayC's even had the last week off to help me look for a house and unpack. What other job would allow that?

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter/ General Conference weekend. We were able to listen to some of conference on JayC's iphone and I hid some candy filled eggs in our hotel room that Connell enjoyed finding. I think it's quiet times like that when I actually reflect more on the meaning of my Savior's life, death and resurrection. I loved President Monson's talk about the man who wrote a letter telling about his son who died at age 15 and how he had such an unwaivering testimony even amid so many trials. I hope I can always have that kind of testimony.

5 comments:

Marlene said...

I'm so glad that you found such a great big house. I'm sure Connell is loving the room! Have fun settling in!

Heather Lloyd said...

Love your house, and I'm jealous!

Emmy Montez said...

looks like it is great! Hooray! There's nothing like a big kitchen to make you want to cook more. I loved being able to see where you live.

Megan and Jeremy said...

I am loving your house Kaylene and must say I have kitchen-envy if a thing exists ;) I'm still enjoying the hallway kitchen myself. Wish we could come visit!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Yeah for a great rental! How fun!!!

baby

Together Forever

Connell Celebration