Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Adventures with Connell




My pan cupboard is Connell's new hiding place! When I'm cooking/cleaning in the kitchen, he loves to sit on the counter and "help" me, or his second favorite thing is to move all my pans out of the way and climb into the cupboard. He'll get quiet all of a sudden and that's when I know he's hiding. "Where's Connell?" I'll say, and the he'll pop the door open with a big grin. What a cutie pie!





This is what I caught Connell doing a couple days ago when again I heard silence coming from the kitchen. He climbed up onto the counter and into my spice cupboard, where apparently he found the chocolate chips. I had earlier told him "no" when he wanted some. He decided he was going to take matters into his own hands and got the scissors to open it. Ugh! Man, this kid's just too smart!







This morning, I took my shower and was just getting out when Connell came and stripped down to his diaper and wanted to take a shower too! I asked if he wanted a bath, and he said, "No," and climbed into the shower and proceeded to turn on the water. So I let him take his first shower all by himself. I was able to get ready in front of the mirror and still keep an eye on him. What a big boy, his first shower!





Yesterday morning, Connell somehow scraped a bunch of skin off his baby toe. I think he must have done it trying to climb up onto the counter on the dishwasher or something. I still haven't found a sharp edge anywhere that would have done this, but we got the bleeding under control and I wrapped it in a bandaid and gauzed up his whole foot so he'd leave it alone. He limped around on it all day and I think he thought it was pretty cool! He kept looking at it and going, "Ohh." Funny kid. Thankfully, skin grows back. There's always the first few seconds of panic when I see blood all over my son's foot, but once it's cleaned up and the problem pin-pointed, I'm able to stay calm and do what needs to be done. I've added one more to the list of things a housewife has to be besides an accountant, maid, chauffeur, nanny, secretary, and exterminator: doctor! Man, my resume is looking good! :)

3 comments:

Kallie said...

We don't have the kids yet but I feel like I'm an all in one girl sometimes too! Connell is so big!! what a cute boy! Your new home is very cute! Hope you and JayC are doing well. miss you guys!

Marlene said...

Sounds like Connell is keeping you busy! Zeb has been a monster lately. Starting to walk everywhere and climb! The other day I found him sitting in his highchair. He climbed up on the chair, than table, then into his highchair...that is when I heard him, because he was mad that he couldn't get out. We had to lower his crib too because he fell out of that the other day too. Keeps me hopping! Connell is a funny boy!

Emmy Montez said...

so I swear I commented on this post already, but I don't see it! Maybe I thought out what I was going to write but then forgot to. ? We need to go to the zoo, that looks like fun. At least for you two while connell slept, lol. Have fun with mom and dad this weekend!
love ya

baby

Together Forever

Connell Celebration