Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sacramento Zoo

On Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, we went to the Sacramento Zoo. I guess I forgot I had taken pictures, but here are the few I took!

Here's Connell all ready to tackle the Zoo! He's got his drink, snacks, and shades. Oh yeah!






And you've gotta love the chimps. They're so interesting to watch; I think I could watch them all day.




Look at that hottie! (And yes, folks, it was very hot...)



This giraffe had something really bizarre going on with his tongue. Poor giraffe.




And of course Connell fell asleep before we even got the big stuff: the lions, tigers, and well, they didn't have any bears, but they had a huge anteater and a hyena. But the point is, Connell missed it all! And I think we're done with zoos for awhile. The ones in Northern Cali are not very impressive, and the animals look like they're miserable. But what can you do with all those environmentalists?? You may put a strange breed of ants into extinction while trying to make a bigger cage for the lion. Heaven forbid. Gotta love California! Hope you all had a good Memorial Day weekend!

3 comments:

Marlene said...

How fun! Looks like Connell was really into the zoo, there! Got to love it!

Emmy Montez said...

his glasses are super cute, he actually leaves them on!! Looks like a fun family time, glad your enjoying california!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Glad you had a fun time at the zoo--even with it being hot. Last year we went to the zoo and the heat index was over 100. And of course we parked 3/4 of a mile away from the entrance!

baby

Together Forever

Connell Celebration