Monday, July 19, 2010

3 Years Old!

Connell's third birthday was July 8th! It's so crazy how time flies.












Connell's new best friend: Woody! We took him to see Toy Story 3, and he loved it! He actually sat and watched the whole thing (which is a first!), so it was really fun for all three of us! JayC and I even cried at the end. (I'm pregnant, but I don't know what his excuse is! :) Connell loves Woody and has to know where he is at all times, and he even sleeps with him. It's pretty adorable! We're getting him a tricycle too, but haven't found one we like yet. They all look pretty cheaply made and too small for Connell, but we'll keep looking until we find the right one.






This is the pilot jacket Grandpa Jay got Connell earlier this year, and I don't know if he got a picture of it, but here he is feeling pretty cool in it! He found it in the coat closet and had to wear it around until he got too hot. (It's been in the 100's here, so definitely not jacket weather!)






Grandma and Grandpa Lloyd came to spend the 4th of July weekend with us! Connell had a blast with them and we were all sad to see them leave. I loved having my mom around for a few days to cook and take care of the food stuff that I just haven't been feeling up to lately. And dad was able to fix a couple things for us that we didn't know how to do. I wish they could have stayed longer! We cut Connell's hair the morning they left, so that's why he's shirtless in the picture!






My goofy 3-year-old with his new haircut! He likes to pose in weird ways and say "cheese" when I get out the camera!















And here he is eating a tomato like an apple or peach! It's crazy to me, but he loves tomatoes, so I can't complain! I have to be careful or I run out of tomatoes around here between Connell and JayC. Connell has turned into a singer all of a sudden. His favorite songs he loves to sing all day long are the Itsy Bitsy Spider, Ring Around the Rosie, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I think it's the cutest thing ever! He does all the actions and is so proud of himself after he's done, and it's good for me too, because he makes me sing along! It's still hard to understand him, but he's getting better and I'm so relieved to hear him actually talking more. For awhile, we thought he'd never talk! We're so thankful for Connell and the blessing he is in our life!

3 comments:

The Ottley's said...

Oh what a cute boy! Happy birthday!!

Marlene said...

Happy Birthday Connell! I can't believe that he will eat a tomato like an apple! Crazy, healthy boy! I'm glad that Mom and Dad were able to come visit you for a day or two. They always seem to be in a hurry! Love ya!

Emmy Montez said...

He's sure a cutie. Our neighbors had their nephew visiting the other day, and he was about 2 with blonde hair. We were out on the porch eating popsicles and nia and him started playing .She kept saying "Connell!!" and laughing. I think she misses him...it was pretty cute. Even when I told her it wasn't him she kept calling him that. That woody toy is pretty cool!

baby

Together Forever

Connell Celebration