Sunday, November 17, 2013

Halloween!


I almost forgot to post Halloween pictures! It wasn't the best day for me, so I guess I had quickly put it out of my mind. I spent most of Halloween day in the hospital with Caellum. He fell off the bed that morning at 5:30am. For some reason, he was on the outside of my bed. I usually always nurse him on the inside of the bed, but sometimes when I am asleep, I do stupid things...apparently I got him out of his bassinet and nursed him on the outside of my bed (I have no memory of this even happening...) and I woke up to him rolling off the bed and screaming. Of course, I was scared and JayC instantly ran around the bed to help me pick him up and make sure he was okay. Not something you want to wake up to! Caellum cried off and on for the next couple hours until it was time to get Connell up and ready for school. He would finally calm down and go to sleep, but then wake up like he was in pain and cry some more. It was very stressful, because I was trying to figure out if there was actually something wrong, or if he was just traumatized from the fall. To make a long story short, we decided to take him into the emergency room to check him out. We both felt there was something wrong and he was acting like he was in pain and would start crying when his neck would move in certain ways. I spent most of the day in the hospital trying to figure out if he was okay, and the doctors and I finally agreed to do a cat scan to make sure he didn't have a skull fracture or a neck injury. The cat scan was completely traumatizing for him and he screamed for the full 5 minutes it took. I had to wait outside the door and listen. It was absolutely terrible, but I'm very thankful they found nothing of concern on the scan. We gave him some Tylenol for the rest of the day and by the next day, he was considerably in less pain. I took him to my chiropractor, and he was able to put his neck and back into place. I'm thankful that within a few days, he was pretty much back to normal, besides being a little sore in certain positions. I'm very thankful that it wasn't something more serious and that he's back to his sweet little self! Caellum and I got home in time to take his older brothers trick-or-treating around the neighborhood, and it was a blast!
 We had our annual ward fall festival the night before Halloween. It was fun, and my chili won the prize for the "meatiest!" It's funny, because I usually make my chili recipe without beans, or "paleo," but I added beans for the festival. So yes, lots of yummy meat goodness! The boys had a blast at all the games, but we had so much fun that we totally missed the trunk-or-treat! Everyone was already out of candy and packing up when we got to the parking lot, so it's a good thing we had more trick-or-treating to do on the following days...

 Yep, at least I got one pirate this year! And he is sure a cutie! Connell went as a vampire, and Callister was Mickey Mouse. Then for trick-or-treating, they switched into different costumes. I think Connell had 3 different costumes!



 On Friday, the base here had trick-or-treating and a huge trunk-or-treat area, and it was awesome! The kids got tons of candy and it was really fun to see people from JayC's work.

 And here's some cute pictures I got of Caellum. He loves this little fire truck! He is just a stinkin' cute baby! He's also very close to crawling. He scoots all over the place, but once in awhile, he'll get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth, trying to figure it out. Any day now, he's really going to be all over the place.  

Such a sweet smile!

He loves his brothers!

3 comments:

Emmy Montez said...

I'm so glad that all got sorted out. :) Looks like fun times for your fav. holiday! (if in fact, it is?)Connells costume is very creative! I like that take on vampire.

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

My kids have fallen off the bed too! So glad it all worked out in the end...how scary. Looks like you had a great Halloween besides!

The Ottley's said...

What cute little boys and costumes!!!

baby

Together Forever

Connell Celebration