Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013





We had two Thanksgivings this year! The first was on Monday with some of JayC's work friends that had to work on Thursday, and then I decided to cook another turkey for another celebration on actual Thanksgiving day with just our little family. We had a great meal! Connell told us that before we could eat, we had to go around the table and all say what we were grateful for. So he chose JayC to go first and we all went around and said things we were thankful for before we said prayer. I of course got teary-eyed and I must say I am so very thankful for my three wonderful sons and their wonderful daddy! I am so very blessed!

I really don't know where November went; it went so quickly! I have been preparing for our big move back to Idaho, and getting a bunch of dental work done, so time is going way too fast.  I guess I haven't officially announced it yet on my blog, but JayC's enlistment is up on January 14th, and he's getting out of the Air Force. He has been in for 6 years! His terminal leave starts on December 18th, so we're preparing to leave California. He has also been accepted to Brigham Young University-Idaho! He was accepted to the fall/winter track, so he will begin school January 6th. We're going to be living with JayC's mom in Idaho Falls for the time being while he uses the GI Bill to finish his Bachelor degree in Business Management (emphasis in Marketing). He's hoping to be able to get it done as quickly as possible, so he can also get his Masters degree in the next 3-5 years. It's definitely going to be a change! Thankfully, the GI Bill also gives us money to live on while he uses it. It will be tight, but with the Lord's help, we can hopefully do it without getting into any debt! We're very excited to be back around family again and the boys are super excited for snow! Big changes!

JayC also just found out that he has been accepted for an Air Force Reserve position in Florida, so once a year he will be working there for just over a month. That gives us the opportunity to keep our great insurance and other great benefits. Yay!

2 comments:

Heather Lloyd said...

What a blessing about the reserve position, and everything. We will just love seeing your family more!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

What an exciting plan! How is the school year going so far? His educational benefits are awesome. You guys can totally do it without going into debt! I love that when we sacrifice we are blessed. I can't wait to hear more about your journey. How exciting!

baby

Together Forever

Connell Celebration